PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MYSQL_NUM - assumed 'MYSQL_NUM' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/init.php on line 151

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MYSQL_ASSOC - assumed 'MYSQL_ASSOC' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/init.php on line 151

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MYSQL_BOTH - assumed 'MYSQL_BOTH' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/init.php on line 151

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant archive_postsperpage - assumed 'archive_postsperpage' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../archive/index.php on line 406
Could colonizing another planet be possible? [Archive] - GamePatchPlanet.com - Discussion Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Could colonizing another planet be possible?

greatshake
12-12-2015, 06:14 AM
hey all I'm new here.

So I had a look at the new game Planetbase and it got me wondering could colonizing another planet actually be possible with the technology we currently have? How would oxygen be generated? And water, how would water be generated on a dry planet? I know that there is a device that can extract water from your own urine, but eventually there's only so many times you can do it. The only way I think this would be possible would be with constant shipments from earth.

GPP
18-12-2015, 11:31 AM
I think it would be more than possible, but you also have to take into consideration things like law enforcement, responsibility of duties (people can become lazy) and ways of voting new leaders democratically, you could have uprisings, it really wouldn't be anything different to earth other than you need responsible people because if things were to stuff up on another planet there are no second chances.

greatshake
25-12-2015, 12:41 AM
I think it would be more than possible, but you also have to take into consideration things like law enforcement, responsibility of duties (people can become lazy) and ways of voting new leaders democratically, you could have uprisings, it really wouldn't be anything different to earth other than you need responsible people because if things were to stuff up on another planet there are no second chances.

Yes this is true, but I was meaning more was it possible to make it habitable, which I think could be possible, but you would need constant shipments from Earth for long term colonization.

GPP
26-12-2015, 04:59 AM
Yes this is true, but I was meaning more was it possible to make it habitable, which I think could be possible, but you would need constant shipments from Earth for long term colonization.

If you can generate oxygen then life can be sustained, it's just a matter of being able to have a food and water supply, you could grow food on the planet and still have shipments of food and water from Earth every so often to keep things going.